Thursday 14 May 2009

Some people just don't know what manners are

Disclaimer before I start.....Don't get me wrong - Living in Edinburgh during the tourist season is a hate-filled time for many residents and I complain about them just as much as the next person.

Even bearing the above statement in mind I was quite disgusted to see last week at the attitude of a bus driver to some very confused American tourists. It was late and they got on a bus and repeatedly asked the driver where they needed to get off. I couldn't hear his response but even my awful knowledge of the city told me that the stop they first asked at was the one they wanted and he didn't tell them. They got into the centre of town, (still asking the driver where they needed to get off) when I felt I had to intervene. I tapped the guy on the shoulder and asked him where he was going. He wasn't totally sure, but knew roughly so I told him where he was if he got off the bus at the next stop and where to go from there. I don't think I've seen anyone more grateful in my life!

Maybe I should go work for the tourist board after all....

No comments: