Friday 4 September 2009

Festival fun

In the four years that I have lived in sunny Edinburgh I (until now) had never managed to watch any shows during the festival. I think thats a bit rubbish really, but it always seems that during festival time the streets are full (and I do mean FULL) of tourists - usually huddled in slightly confused manner around a bus stop - and lots of semi clad people handing out flyers for things (over the years I've seen girls in just bodypaint and a thong, and a whole group wearing only towels)

This year however I had to make an exception...

Now don't fall over but .....one of my friends from Norwich came to Edinburgh!!!!...not to actually visit me per se, but to appear in a show for the festival. Obviously this meant that I was obliged to go and see his play, so I made a trip (all the way to another part of my workplace) to see Rapture. It was great! (and I'm not being biased here, if it was awful I would happily say so!) well written, cleverly produced in and very small space and on a very small budget. I was very impressed.

My first ever festival show was a hit for me (although they didn't seem to get the largest of crowds) so a big WELL DONE to Sam and the rest of the cast and crew!

No comments: