As you may have gathered, I spend a lot of time on the net, usually looking at random and/or inane pages that I only have a passing interest in. (this is what the net is made up of right? this and porn.) Anyway, one of the things that gets me are other bloggers who feel that they have the right to speak for others. Today, this is namely a lady called Jane Hoskyn who has written an article on MSN titled "53 secrets girls don't want guys to know" most of these statements start with "When we are..." or "We...". Well sorry Jane I hate to tell you this, but you do not speak for every woman everywhere across the world....So stop it! if you want to quote women then do so, but please don't give anyone the idea that all women think the same way. Some of the offending line are below (followed by what I think of course!)
2. We will never grow out of our fascination with pop stars. A guy can be completely ordinary-looking, but we will fancy him if he’s in a band.
Sorry lady, I'm just not that sad or desperate. If there's a guy I fancy in the limelight its because he's hot, not famous.
3. We are more likely to fancy a guy if his ex-girlfriends are really pretty.
4. We can be put off a guy by finding out that his ex-girlfriends are a bit ugly.
5. When we look through your Facebook photos, we’re looking to see how pretty or ugly your ex-girlfriends are.
I had to clump these three together. I don't give a shit about what Ex-girlfriends look like. They're Exes...Past...History...Finito...and hopefully for some good reason.
21. Your feet disgust us.
Only if they are really ugly.
42. During breakouts we get up at 6am and cover our spots with concealer while you’re sleeping.
Again, I'm not this sad. If someone is with me, then that's that. I'm not going to try and hide any "bad" parts of me, that's just like trying to trick them into sticking around, and if someone is shallow enough to dump you because of a few spots then they're just downright shallow.
46. We’d happily sleep with your best mate to make you jealous.
So now all women must be manipulative bitches??... I think that maybe Jane is actually a man.... who's been hurt.