Tuesday 8 June 2010

Not fair to compare

I often hear people comparing themselves or others with"celebrities" I'm pretty certain everyone has at some point or another. In the last few weeks I've read some interesting articles however, one on about a magazine editor who has admitted photoshopping a model to make her look healthier (i.e bigger!) and another piece that was comparing two people of the same age who don't look it.

The second article/photogallery kinda proves a point that I usually make when I hear people saying "I wish I was a slim and good looking as X celebrity"....Its just not fair to compare normal people who hold down jobs and get mediocre wages to celebrities who have the luxury of spending hours a day in the gym with their personal trainer, thousands on plastic surgery, and have their macrobiotic food prepared by top chefs.

No comments: