Saturday 24 September 2011

Barbie takes a holiday Part 1 - I Survived!

Oh its been quiet hasn't it? Probably because for the last few weeks I have been either working extra hours because of a planned holiday or that I've been on holiday! I'm back now though and have a few posts up my sleeve - once I've uploaded the photographs!

Anyway, my first overseas holiday in 21 years is now over. I went to visit my parents in Turkey with B-Man, my sister, her husband and their children. I wasn't quite sure what to expect to be honest, I had heard many things about turkey and many of them weren't all that great. What I experienced however was totally different! The people we met were fantastic and I saw a side to the Turkish way of life that I can sincerely appreciate.

I was a bit concerned that I would suffer badly in the heat as I have very fair skin that burns quickly even in the UK, I managed to slap on enough factor 50 sunblock to stave off the sun (until the last day when I was caught out by the fact it was cool and rainy - I still managed to get a little burned) It was hot and for the first few days I really felt it. I was just starting to acclimatise when it was time to leave!

I was also a little concerned that a whole week with my parents may be a bit too long for comfort but we got on relatively well with only a few minor squabbles that you'd expect from family. In short, I had a great time and I'll definitely go back again. I certainly have a new found appreciation of the country!

No comments: