Tuesday 13 October 2009

Naked scanners???

I understand the need for airport security. I don't want to explode in a fireball, but the newest technology being used in the airports is taking it just a bit too far, even in my twisted little mind.

Manchester airport is currently trialling "Naked Scanners" a full body x-ray thingy (very technical term that) which basically take a photo of you in the nude. No...seriously! it reportedly also shows up any breast enlargements, false limbs, piercings, and a clear outline of passengers' private parts. Wanna see??


See he has his clothes on outside... OK...so they say that the image will only be seen by a single officer in a room off in the distance and that the images cannot be stored in any way, but the cynic in me always find room for the officer who comes across a celebrity/beautiful person and either calls their mates in for a leer, or takes a photo with their mobile. Another thought - what about children? we are trying to save our kids from paedophiles, are parents going to allow their children through this, not knowing what or who is watching??

I think I'll stick with the beeping machines thanks.

(worthy note: I'm certainly no prude, some of this clothing I've worn in public would probably make some strippers blush, but its on my terms and at my discretion.)

No comments: