Wednesday 17 February 2010

So I'm not a freak then...?

I have an unusual mild phobia of mirrors. I don;t run screaming or anything, in fact sometimes they can be beautiful, BUT mostly they just make me feel very uncomfortable. Apparently it is considered an "official" phobia - it has a fancy name and everything! - known as Catoptrophobia. I also have a love of horror movies, one day I'll get that feeling back from my childhood of actually being scared by one! Often horrors do choose mirrors for a cheap scare though.. as wonderfully portrayed here...



Love them or hate them, you have to agree mirrors just aren't natural!!

3 comments:

Gurn said...

Poltergeist 3 - 'nuff said ;)

Been out of the loop reading blogs but where the hell did all of your followers come from? Last time I looked you had 3 or 4. Not that I'm jealous or anything :p

Jacky Cheng said...

haha that was freaky as hell! now i'm gonna be so paranoid near mirrors...

lilbuttercup said...

I have a similar thing with mirrors, but that's not nearly my weirdest phobia...I have onomatophobia- fear of certain words and names! Can sometimes make conversation difficult..