Saturday 24 May 2008

Barbie gets speccy

I hate how I look in glasses. I also hate the fact that everything I look at has slightly fuzzy edges to it...hmmmm theres a problem there then eh? I have been supposed to wear glasses for the last 6 years but as my eyesights not really that bad I've just never bothered. I did recently get my eyes tested though and its no longer safe for me to drive a car without some sort of eye adjustment so its been time to take the plunge. Today has been the last of what seems like millions of appointments at the opticians and I have finally come away with contacts and a pair of glasses. I don't need to wear them all the time, but it is nice for everything not to look furry. I have to build up my contact wearing ability over the next few days but at least I have managed to get them in and out of my eyes without blinding myself.

The glasses are *Surprise* purple...but I still think I look like a secretary in them and I can manage the proper schoolmarm look too...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was under the impression that men (and/or people in general) liked that sort of thing...Or maybe it's just my experience of a particular type of man...And women, to be fair...The second photo in particular. There's a Ms Whiplash in us all...

Twisted Barbie said...

Hehe Thanks Seren, there certainly is in me...Its always a career I can fall back on if times become hard...;)