Monday 30 June 2008

Making something from nothing...

I have a bit of a "thing" for craft work. I love making things, and being practical, so when BMan and myself were discussing jackets on the bus this morning I was prompted to get crafty again...I went on a charity shop ramble during my lunch hour (Thankfully where I work is completely surrounded by tons of charity shops) and came home with two men's suit jackets - which set me back a whopping £1 each - and I intend to deconstruct them and end up with at least one cool jacket for myself. (One of them fits me perfectly and the other is a tad big)

I've already made a bit of a start on the one that fits, by taking apart a PVC dress I was given (that never fitted me and I wasn't keen on the style, but was free) and covering the collar and lapels (OK I haven't got any further than taking apart the dress and cutting pieces to fit the collar and lapels but you get my drift) I had a dog through the huge craft box hidden under my bed and have all manner of bits in there to tart the coat up with so I'll have to see what comes out. I might hate it, but meh if I do, I'm sure I'll have fun playing anyway and I could always sell it on eBay as a one off....

2 comments:

Gurn said...

I want the photos!
You want the photos?
I WANT the photos!!
You can't handle the photos. No photo handler you. Bah, I deride your photo-handling abilities!!

Twisted Barbie said...

you'll get photos...maybe.