Wednesday 5 May 2010

Songs of Summer

With Beltane over, we're now officially in summer! I'm not a huge fan myself, I'm usually too hot, and everyone thinks I should be wearing pastels (soooo not going to happen!) On the way home tonight however I heard a car go past with its windows down and music blaring. Not unusual I hear you say... No, not really the only thing that made this noticeable was the choice of song, they were playing Place your Hands by Reef, an older song that was in the charts in 1996 (Ooh yeah I'm feeling old again!) which just made me feel all summery!

For anyone whose never heard it, here it is...




This kinda got me thinking of any other songs that have the same effect...So here are the best I could think of... Open your windows and turn up the speakers, you'll be wearing shorts in no time!

Wipe Out - Sufaris




Schools Out - Alice Cooper




Give It Away - Red Hot Chilli Peppers

No comments: